Do You Need a Workers Compensation Attorney in Wilmington, NC?

If you have been injured on the job, you are entitled to compensation from your employer. Workers compensation serves as a type of insurance for employees who encounter an injury at work. If you are injured and unable to continue working, workers compensation allows you to receive payments to replace usual wages, coverage of medical expenses and the cost of rehabilitation. If you have been injured at work, you will need to hire a workers compensation attorney in Wilmington NC to ensure that you get the settlement you deserve. The Rodzik Law Group have years of experience with workers compensation cases. They provide superior knowledge and service to get your life back to normal after an injury.

The first thing you will need to do after an injury on the job is inform your employer of the situation. Most insurance policies expect you to report the injury immediately, to eliminate any question of when and where the injury took place. Be prepared to provide a detailed account of how your injury occurred.

After letting your employer know of the incident, you should seek proper medical attention. Having a report from a medical professional could be beneficial if the case goes to court. Make sure to document what happened, how you were injured, and the severity of the injury. In most situations, your employer's insurance company will want you to see a doctor covered by their policy. Whether the injury is serious or not, you cannot file for workers compensation without a medical report.

If you feel you are not receiving proper treatment, you do have the option to seek a second opinion. When you visit another doctor, if they choose a different form of treatment for your recovery, be sure they provide a detailed description of what they are doing differently and why this course of action is necessary.

The next step is to file the claim. The employer should have already filed a claim with their insurance representative and informed you of the benefits you are eligible to receive. If your employer has not filed the claim, you can do so yourself. At this stage, you may want to hire a workers compensation attorney to assist you.

In some cases, the employer may ask you to sign a waiver that will result in only partial compensation for your injury. It is in your best interest not to sign anything before talking to a lawyer, because you might lose your rights in court and possibly not receive full compensation for your injury.

If you were injured on the job, the best solution is to contact a workers compensation attorney in Wilmington NC that can help you get the benefits you deserve. You may also qualify for additional claims depending on the nature of your injury and how the accident took place. By hiring a workers compensation attorney, you can feel confident that you will receive all the compensation that you are eligible for.

The workers compensation attorneys at The Rodzik Law Group have years of experience with these types of cases. As one of North Carolina's best personal injury law firms, we have the knowledge and resources to get you proper compensation. We also guarantee that each client will receive the personal care and attention that they need. Please contact us today for more information by calling 910-762-1199 or visit our website at